Help us stop rural isolation.
Christmas is usually a time for festive cheer and celebration, however, in rural Scotland it is also a time when isolation and poverty can be felt even more. Isolation can be felt by anyone at anytime, and 45% of UK adults say that they feel lonely some of the time. Scottish Rural Action would like to encourage people to #BeKindDecember and commit to one act of kindness this December.
How do I get involved?
Download and print our Christmas sweater image click here and complete the sentence ?This December I will?? by inserting your own act of kindness. Take a photo with you and the completed sweater image and post on your social media account/s with the hashtag #BeKindDecember
- Jumper Design YELLOW
- Jumper Design WHITE
- Jumper Design PINK
- Jumper Design GREEN
- Jumper Design BLUE
- Jumper Design BLACK & WHITE
Follow our 31?suggestions of?acts of kindness that will be posted throughout December?on?Facebook and Twitter?? use one of these suggestions in your own sweater image or share our suggestions on your own social media account(s).
Share the campaign with your friends, family and/or colleagues.
One act of kindness can really make a difference to someone who is feeling lonely ? join us in raising awareness of isolation in rural Scotland and spread the message of #BeKindDecember.
Wearing your own Christmas sweater for your photo is optional!
Key facts about isolation
Isolation can affect anyone at any age
- 45% of UK adults report feeling lonely some of the time (1)
- Feeling isolated can have a negative impact on health and wellbeing (2)
- Living rurally can bring extra challenges for someone experiencing isolation such as geographical distance from a community, poor transport links and lack of access to services.
For urgent help or support please contact:
(1. Relationship Scotland/Relate 2016, ?You are not alone, the quality of the UK?s relationships?)
(2. Cacioppo, Hawksted and Thisted 2010)