- This event has passed.
#GE17rural – Twitter hustings
May 29, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Take part in our general election Twitter hustings with MP candidates from Labour, SNP and Conservative parties. The candidates we have confirmed?so?far as?taking part to represent their party are:
Robina Barton, Scottish Labour, @robina4labour17
Kirstene Hair, Scottish Conservative & Unionist, @Kirstene4Angus
M?iri McAllan, Scottish National Party, @MairiMcAllan
How to take part:
You do not need a Twitter account to watch the event or to send us questions in advance of the event. You can also email email@example.com during the event with comments or questions and we will post a selection of these during the event.
- Pop over to Twitter and use the search function to find #GE17rural at 8pm on the 29th May 2017. Choose ‘Latest’ rather than ‘Top’ to see tweets in the order they are posted. You do not need a Twitter account to do this.
- We encourage interaction with candidates and other?people taking part?on Twitter during the event and we hope everyone will enjoy the event in the spirit it is intended – to inform?our decisions and encourage constructive debate.?We?urge that the event?be kept civil and constructive. We have no control over the tweets people post and can accept no responsibility for this. In the event of the Twitter ‘#GE17rural’ feed being dominated by offensive posts then we and candidates reserve the right to close the event at any time.
- If you want to post a tweet during the event that other people will see, you must include ‘#GE17rural’ in your tweet. This allows everyone to see the tweets being posted.
- Candidates will respond to our questions using ‘#GE17rural’ in their tweets. They may or may not choose to respond to other comments and questions.
- Keep using #GE17rural with every tweet and refresh your #GE17rural search to make sure you see what other people are saying.For info on how to use Twitter see: https://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter
We will post these questions at the scheduled times below. We will also ask members to suggest questions during the event and we will ask a couple of these as is indicated below. These questions will be posted by us using #GE17Rural at the times scheduled below.
20:02? Q1 Welcome to our MP candidates this evening @MairiMcAllan @Kirstene4Angus @robina4labour17. Tell us a little about yourselves. #GE17Rural
20:05? Q2 What do you consider to be the important issues our members should be considering during #GE17? #GE17Rural
20:10 ?Q3 How do we motivate more people to vote, especially young people in rural communities? #GE17Rural
20:15? Q4 Mobile phone signal is an essential service but is nonexistent or poor in rural Scot. What will you do to improve this? #GE17Rural
20:20? Q5 @RCGPScotland have expressed concern about the availability of rural health workers after #Brexit. #GE17Rural
Q5 (cont) What can be done to ensure we have a functional #NHS and social care services? #GE17Rural
20:25? Q6 [We will choose a question posed by participants during the event to post here, or have a break if it?s busy.]
20:30 ?Q7 How can we reduce uncertainty over the impact of #Brexit on rural Scotland during the negotiations? #GE17Rural
20:35? Q8 Analysts are predicting a long-term loss of trade from the UK of 25% due to #Brexit. What will you do to mitigate this? #GE17Rural
20:40? Q9 What personal commitment can you make to ensuring funding for rural development and infrastructure is protected after #Brexit? #GE17Rural
20:45? Q10 What impact do you personally think Scottish independence would have on rural communities? #GE17Rural
20:50? Q11 [We will choose a question posed by participants during the event to post here]
20:55 ?Q12 Is there anything else you would like to tell us this evening? #GE17Rural
21:00 Thanks to everyone for taking part! #GE17Rural